Re: Is the px unit equivalent to user units?

Jon,

Thank you for the reply. In this instance I'm concerned with SVG 1.1 Full.

I've read the text in section 7.10 that you mention, but my point continues to
be that I can't reconcile it with the sentence 'the size of "1px" may map to a
different number of user units on different systems', also from section 7.10.
Here's that sentence in context:

   Note that use of px units or any other absolute unit identifiers can
   cause inconsistent visual results on different viewing environments
   since the size of "1px" may map to a different number of user units
   on different systems; thus, absolute units identifiers are only
   recommended for the width and the height on outermost 'svg' elements
   and situations where the content contains no transformations and it
   is desirable to specify values relative to the device pixel grid or
   to a particular real world unit size.

Is this section in error? Either way, yes or no, I would very much appreciate
that a WG member say so. If it's not in error an explanation as to how it can be
reconciled with the other text you and I have pointed out would also be appreciated.

Best regards,
Jonathan