Re: SVG12: XML 1.0 vs XML 1.1

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 00:51:59 +0100
To: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

* Robin Berjon wrote:
>You wrote:
> > XML 1.0 documents do not match http://www.w3.org/TR/xml11/#NT-prolog
> > as explained in section 1.3 of the current XML 1.1 Recommendation.
>
>Yes, that grammar describes clearly what an XML 1.1 document is. The
>part that interests us however is what XML *processors* are required
>to do, which is very clearly specified in section 5.1 of the XML 1.1
>specification:
>
>"XML 1.1 processors MUST be able to process both XML 1.0 and XML 1.1
>documents. Programs which generate XML SHOULD generate XML 1.0,
>unless one of the specific features of XML 1.1 is required."

Well, my issue wasn't about what XML processors are required to do, it
was about what "Conforming SVG Viewers" are required to do and what is
a conforming SVG Tiny 1.2 document; you didn't address those points here
and the latest draft still makes incorrect reference in some parts to
these specification, e.g. it requires that documents are ns 1.1 w-f'd
which XML 1.0 documents cannot possibly be.