RE: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: Conformance to uDOM

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Jon Ferraiolo wrote:

> I definitely understand the points you are making below; however, the
> W3C and the SVG WG will have to trade off the requirements of unified
> HTML+SVG web browser implementers (which want to implement a single DOM
> engine) and the requirements of other SVG workflows, such as JSR-226.

These workflows will use Java, right? And therefore won't be compatible
with the ECMAScript-based Web browser environments?

If they won't be interoperable anyway, it doesn't seem like there is any
reason for them to use the same interfaces.

Thus:

> 3) Treat the uDOM as an SVG+Java-only thing. Thus, it would only be
> available via the Java language binding.

...sems fine.