Re: SVG12: "Animation event names"

* Dean Jackson wrote:
> >   In http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/interact.html
> > section 13.2 the "Animation event name" does not make any sense to
> > me.
> >
> > It obviously confuses animation syncbase and repeat values with
> > events,
> > then apparently tries to suggest that animations cannot be based on
> > the standard events DOMFocusOut, DOMFocusIn, and DOMActivate, and the
> > SVG-specific focusin, focusout, and activate events must be used
> > instead, then tries to suggest that text, keyboard and wheel events
> > cannot trigger animation either (while e.g. mouse events can) and
> > finally points out that some events do not target elements and thus
> > cannot be used with animation.
> >
> > Please change the draft such that this column is removed and that
> > it is clear that animation may use any of the supported events.
>
>You've made a similar misunderstanding to a previous message
>(my reply to that is [1]).

Could you approach this from a different angle and explain why it would
not make sense to do as I requested?

The effect of making this change is that begin and end times would be
resolved once an event with a type and (due to another request) a
namespaceURI that correspond (case-sensitive string comparison) to
the event-ref, propagates to the event base (except for some event
sensitivity constraints as defined in SMIL 2.1). This model would be
more complete and less complex than what is proposed in the draft and
would reflect existing implementations better. So I suppose you have
very good reasons to reject my request.