absolute coordinates on svg paths

Hi All,

Are SVG paths so different to other SVG shapes that you should never preffer
specifying units as absolute?

I'm using it to develope a format translator from Gerber to SVG. Gerber is a
vectorial format for printed circuit boards used in electronics.
In the file there are rects, circles, etc,...  that represents real life
shapes with absolute dimensions in inches and mm.
I've succed to implement circles, ellipses, ovals rects etc, with SVG built
in absolute meassures, but i've found I can't do the same with paths :(.
The shapes already implemented with absolute units, appears on the screen
with it's real dimension and this is very helpful when previewing your
design. Is there any alternative to see on the screen paths with its real
dimensions?

Thanks for your reply, David ;)
José Ignacio Villar.