Re: calcMode="linear" with numeric and non-numeric values

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 08:20:04 +1100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Cyril.

Cyril Concolato:
> I think you missed one choice:
>    * Treat it as calcMode="linear" but apply inheritance before computing
>    the interpolation between the inherited value and 0. I think this is the
> correct behavior but unfortunately it is poorly specified in SMIL.

Ok.  I did see a mail recently that said that it should be the computed
values that are intepolated between, so that would solve the problem in
this case.  How about for a property where the computed value is still a
keyword?  For example:

 <animate attributeName="kerning" dur="6s" calcMode="linear"
          values="auto; 0; 1"/>

Thanks,

Cameron

--
 Cameron McCormack			ICQ: 26955922
 cam (at) mcc.id.au			MSN: cam (at) mcc.id.au