Re: [SVGMobile12] Sentence describing the effect of "height" on the initial viewport is unclear

Chris Lilley wrote:
>>    Similarly, if CSS-compatible height properties or corresponding XSL
>>    properties on the referencing element (or rootmost svg element for inline
>>    SVG content), then these positioning properties establish the viewport's
>>    height; otherwise, the height attribute on the 'svg'  element establishes
>>    the viewport's height.
>>
>> The clause introduced by the "if" has a subject ("... properties or ...
>> properties") but does not have a verb.  So it's not clear what these properties
>> need to be doing to establish the viewport's height.
>
> It looks as if the "that are sufficient to establish the height of the
> viewport" has ben inadvertently dropped. Would restoring those words be
> sufficient to address your comment?

So the new wording would be (tossing in a verb in addition to the
suggested change):

   Similarly, if there are CSS-compatible height properties or
   corresponding XSL properties on the referencing element (or rootmost
   svg element for inline SVG content) that are sufficient to establish
   the height of the viewport, then these positioning properties
   establish the viewport's height; otherwise, the height attribute on
   the 'svg' element establishes the viewport's height.

?  If so, then I think that does address my comment, more or less.

Just one remaining concern.  Note that in the following example:

   <svg:svg height="100" width="100"/>

with the CSS "width: 200px" applied to it the height and width of the
SVG would both be "200px" (as in, the CSS positioning properties are
"sufficient to establish the viewport's height").  I'm not quite sure
that's clear from the current specification, but it does follow from the
language about replaced elements...  I'm not sure whether there's a good
way to make this clearer, or whether this is even really an issue.

I guess the heart of the problem I'm having is that the dimensions of
the viewport are determined at once, based on height and width and
positioning properties (or it seems to me that that's how it should
work).  Width and height are not determined separately, which is what
the spec sounds like right now.

-Boris