Re: [SVGMobile12] <svg:svg> width and height should provide intrinsic size in a CSS context

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 19:31:12 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>

Hello www-svg,

Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> In section 7.2 [1], when "the positioning properties establish the viewport's
> width" and similarly for height it should be made clear that the width and
> height attributes of the <svg> element provide the intrinsic size of the
> replaced element.  I believe this is the desired intent, right?

Yes, it is the intent; for cases where the width and height are
percentages, though, there is no fixed intrinsic size, just an aspect
ratio (or to put it another way, its up to the enclosing element or the
enclosing box to constrain the width and height so that a fixed size is
achieved).

> I'd like to thank the working group for the excellent improvements
> made in this section in general, by the way!

Thanks for the kind words. The thing with last call comments is that
people rarely tell you what they like :) just what they don't.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG