Re: Assumption in the SVG specifications

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:19:07 +0200
Cc: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
To: jean-claude.dufourd@streamezzo.com

On Aug 31, 2006, at 14:55, Jean-Claude Dufourd wrote:
> Robin Berjon wrote:
>> Don't I recall that this dichotomy, which several of us opposed
>> but not sufficiently to stop it, was introduced at the behest of
>> the LASeR group? Maybe someone there remembers what the rationale
>> was?
> I recall that this request (by implementers, incidentally also from
> the LASeR group) convinced enough people of its validity that it
> resisted several opponents. So its merit has clearly outweighted
> the counter arguments.

I didn't say anything else, and maybe the connection to LASeR was
incidental (as you know, it was at times unclear what was a liaison
and what wasn't), I was just wondering if those who backed it
recalled their arguments? It's been a while and I for one don't.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist