should element with focus be within client window?

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:00:19 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

should element with focus be within client window?

how do people navigating SVG using the keyboard know which element
has focus?

for example: using mozilla, opera, safari-webkit etc visit
http://www.peepo.com/index-html-svg.html
zoom until a single graphic fills the page
then tab through the links.

each graphic with focus fills the client window in turn.

Contrast this with http://www.peepo.co.uk/index.svg

in each case apart from the initial graphic the user will have no
idea which graphic has focus, due to the focus being outside the
client window.

my apologies if this is in the spec. I do have recognised problems
with the whole w3c process.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

mozilla zoom is currently disabled or broken..