RE: SVG Tiny 1.2 is now a Candidate Recommendation

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Peter Sorotokin wrote:

> > tests here: http://hixie.ch/tests/evil/css/css21/tests/
>
> Oh, yeah, these are worth their name!

The tests currently at that URL are actually just the CSS1 tests rewritten
to use the CSS2.1 format. They are the simplest of the tests available for
CSS, there are far more "evil" ones floating around in bug systems. (I
hope to eventually collect them all together and add them to the above.)

> I have played with some of them, found (and fixed) some bugs, of course.
> Only HTML versions were there back then, so it was hard for me to run
> them.

You're probably thinking of a different set of tests; the tests Maciej
mentioned were initially created as XHTML tests and only later had HTML
versions created (by a script).

> But these are "evil" tests - even quite mature browsers had big troubles
> with them when I last looked.

They're really not evil tests. They're the very basic tests that were part
of the CSS1 test suite, but reformulated to be easier to use (e.g. they
use the Ahem font now).

Another test you might be interested in for the inline box model is:

   http://dbaron.org/css/test/inlinetest

(It needs work before being appropriate for the 2.1 test suite, because it
uses the wrong format.)

For CSS2.1 I expect we'll have to write a few dozen more tests for the
inline box model in order to useful test interoperability. We're not there
yet (the CSS2.1 test suite is in very early stages).