the container attribute module

From: Stefan Adriaenssen <Stefan.Adriaenssen@kernic.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 14:07:10 +0200
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
Hello,

I had a question about the container attribute module. As you can see
here <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/svgdtd.html#DTD.1.17>  (scroll down a
bit), the Presentation Attribute Module contains the Container Attribute
Module.

This is also confirmed here
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/styling.html#EntityDefinitionsPresentationAt
tributes> . I read that the Container Attribute Module contains only one
attribute, the enable-background property. (see here
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/svgdtd.html#DTD.1.5> )

When you look at the enable-background
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/filters.html#EnableBackgroundProperty>
property, you can read that it only applies to container elements
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/intro.html#TermContainerElement> . (svg, g,
defs, symbol, clipPath, mask, pattern, marker, a, switch)

However, if you look at which items implement the Presentation Attribute
Module, it seems that some items should *not* implement the Container
Attribute Module, naming: feImage
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/filters.html#feImage>  , filters
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/filters.html#FilterElement>  , font
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/fonts.html#FontElement>  , foreignObject
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/extend.html#ForeignObjectElement>  , glyph
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/fonts.html#GlyphElement>  , missingGlyph
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/fonts.html#MissingGlyphElement>  , use
<http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#UseElement>

So, my question is: Does the enable-background property apply to more
elements than only container items? Or should the Presentation Attribute
Module not contain the Container Attribute Module? Or am I missing
something in my analysis?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Stefan Adriaenssen