Re: SVGT 1.2: mention of removeEventListener for <listener> element

On Jan 25, 2006, at 5:53 PM, Scott Hayman wrote:

> Hi Maciej,
>
>> From: Maciej Stachowiak
>
>> Section 15.4 says:
>>
>> "Whenever a 'listener' element is removed (via uDOM, discard,
>> ...), the behavior is the same as if the removeEventListener
>> method was called on the observer element on which the event
>> listener was registered."
>>
>> removeEventListener with what arguments? Does inserting a
>> <listener> act as if the addEventListener method was called?
>> The spec doesn't say. Neither does XML Events make any such
>> claim. But if this is the intent, then again I'd ask with
>> what arguments?
>
> We've updated the paragraph to remove mention of removeEventListener.
> It now reads:
>
> 	Whenever a 'listener' element is removed (via uDOM, discard,
> ...), the corresponding event listener is removed.
>
> Please let us know within 2 weeks if this does not address your
> comment.

Instead of removing the reference to removeEventListener, I would
propose defining SVG 1.2's XML Events support entirely in terms of
DOM Events. My objection here was that the reference was
underspecified, and that there was not a corresponding reference for
addEventListener. While our suggested text removes the dangling
reference, it doesn't address my desire to have everything about
SVG's use of XML Events to be clearly specified.

Regards,
Maciej