Re: SVG12: glyph language matching vs xml:lang

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:29:21 +0200
To: "Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org, "Bjoern Hoehrmann" <derhoermi@gmx.net>

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:25:10 +0200, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
> The lang attribute in HTML was grandfathered into XHTML, but XHTML makes
> it clear that xml:lang should be used, that lang may alsobe used,and
> that xml:lang takes precedence.

Right, but when xml:lang was simply forgotten or whatever, lang is still

> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-DOM-Level-2-HTML-20030109/html.html#ID-59132807
> Thanks. So, this is an HTML-specific method on the HTMLElement interface
> from DOM Level 2 - is there an equivalent method for XML?

I don't understand this. Its (a) not a method, (b) not HTML-specific and
(c) what does this have to do with XML?

(Personally I'd like to see some revision of DOM3Core with .lang, .id etc.
on Element, but well...)

Anne van Kesteren