Re: SVG12: glyph language matching vs xml:lang

On Tuesday, April 25, 2006, 2:06:38 PM, Anne wrote:

AvK> On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:08:52 +0200, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:
>> Right. If there are both, then xml:lang takes precedence so the value of
>> lang is irrelevant (but should be the same). If there is only one, in
>> xhtml, its xml:lang. if there is only one,in 'classic' non-xml html,
>> then its lang - and its a non-xml format. So we seem to have all the
>> cases covered there.

AvK> In XHTML, the XML version, you can also just use "lang"... As in:

You can, probably the DTD is not able to check this because the DTD language is not powerful enough, but the XHTML spec warns against doing so and its contrary to the XML specification.

AvK> ... using the lang DOM attribute on any XHTML element would also result in
AvK> "lang" being set if I remember correctly, but that's less relevant.

Actually no, that one is more relevant. Do you have a specific spec pointer handy?

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG