Re: [SVGMobile12] STZLC3-8 missing bubble phase information in events table

From: Andrew Shellshear <Andrew.Shellshear@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:05:28 +1000
To: jean-claude.dufourd@streamezzo.com
CC: www-svg@w3.org, Jean-Claude Dufourd <jcdufourd@gmail.com>

Jean-Claude Dufourd wrote:

> Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

>>> Could you give an example of the kind of information you'd like to
>>> see in the table?  For example, what would you put in the entry for
>>> (say) click?
>>

>> Yes. In the DOM Event model all events have an intrinsic bubbling
>> behavior, that is, whether the event bubbles by default. This is defined
>> in DOM Level 3 Events for all events defined there; the SVG 1.2 drafts
>> don't tend to define this for their proprietary events, as pointed e.g.
>> by Ian in <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2004Oct/0144>, so
>> it's a bit odd that this is still not defined.
>

> To make it very clear, DOM events declares for each event:
>         * Bubbles: Yes/No
>         * Cancelable: Yes/No
>         * Context Info: None/<description>
>
> We think the "Bubbles: Yes/No" is missing for all SVG events.
> Please add this information to the draft

We have added this information as a column in the event table.

Events that bubble:
DOMFocusIn
DOMFocusOut
DOMActivate
click
mousedown
mouseup
mouseover
mousemove
mouseout
textInput
keydown
keyup
resize
scroll
beginEvent
endEvent
repeatEvent
mouseWheel
timer
preload
loadProgress
postload

Events that don't bubble:
load
zoom
connectionConnected
connectionClosed
connectionError
connectionDataSent
connectionDataReceived

Thanks for your review, please let us know shortly if this response does
not address your comment.