Re: [SVGMobile12] SVGT12-207: Why are UAs allowed to have varying definitions of "px"?

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 11:22:28 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

"Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.62.0604070133290.21459@dhalsim.dreamhost.com...
> B: list the reasons the working group is aware of that might be
>    considered reasonable grounds for not complying to the SHOULD.
>
> I am not asking for both, I am asking for one of these. The second does
> not preclude UAs from having other reasons that may also be relevant. It
> merely lists reasons to clarify the intent of the spec.

Please do not use lists in specifications to justify SHOULDS, a single
example reason and no more should be used as it is important that user agent
authors (who seem increasingly unwilling to think for themselves) do not
assume they are the only reasons.  This is particularly relevant in security
situations, but it applies to everything.

Cheers,

Jim.