Re: [SVGMobile12] Question on SVG implementation in an XLink-aware processor

On Tuesday, April 4, 2006, 4:53:31 PM, Anne wrote:

AvK> On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 16:39:55 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

>>> The problem with this text as opposed to mine is that I think the
>>> SVG specification doesn't address each "known" XLink attribute for
>>> each element. So what I'm saying is that you ignore attributes in
>>> the XLink namespace unless the SVG specification says you have to
>>> handle them.

>> That would violate the XLink specification, as far as I can tell.

AvK> I suppose that's the case, but it seems the only reasonable thing
AvK> to do for SVG...

No, I don't think its at all necessary to add the explicit ignore rules
that you are proposing or to violate the XLink spec in the way you seem
to want us to do.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG