From: Bjoern Hoehrmann [mailto:derhoermi@gmx.net]
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 8:29 AM
To: Jon Ferraiolo
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: Re: [SVGMobile12] event aliasing

* Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
>The double-dispatching approach that Anne suggests matches what I had in
>mind for event aliasing on the dispatching side. As far as I can see,
>the only thing that is different versus "event aliasing" is that
>script-generated events via createEvent() would not be equivalenced, but
>it is questionable whether one would even want such equivalencing.

You seem to have a creative interpretation of "event aliasing" ...

>Anne's approach also formally deprecates older events such as SVGLoad,
>which I think is also a good idea. So, I would love it if there could be
>a consensus around Anne's suggestion.

If http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2006Apr/0010.html
isn't different from what Anne proposes, then I'd agree with that.

>* We would drop SVG-t 1.2's newly invented 'focusin', 'focusout',
>'activate' and 'zoom' and instead stick with DOMFocusIn, DOMFocusOut,
>DOMActivate and SVGZoom (which provides backwards-compatible with both
>DOM2 Events [for all but zoom] and SVG 1.1).

If this implies that an element with begin='id.activate' won't begin
unless an Event object with Event.type == 'activate' is dispatched to
the element (which implementations are not required to), then that's
fine with me. Some people might consider this an incompatibility with
SVG 1.1, though I'm not aware of current implementations where this
would be an actual problem.