Re: Google pages

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 17:10:06 +0100
Cc: Rick <graham.rick@gmail.com>, "Dave Whitehead" <david.j.whitehead@gmail.com>, www-svg@w3.org
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>

on a mac, camino or ff1.5 can be set to open the file http://
david.j.whitehead.googlepages.com/bouger.svg as text only, however if
the helper application chlor is used the graphic is displayed.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

On 31 Mar 2006, at 11:16, Chris Lilley wrote:

On Friday, March 31, 2006, 3:54:13 AM, Rick wrote:

R> On 3/30/06, Dave Whitehead <david.j.whitehead@gmail.com> wrote:

>> It is possible to display svg on Google page, check out a example
>> I've put
>> on my space :-

R> Doesn't work with FireFox (Linux) does the same thing with yours
as it
R> does with my experiments.  It downloads it and views it in another
R> window.  Which just shows an XML view in your case BTW.  Could be
R> FireFox's fault tho, they have some work to do yet.  (I'm not saying
R> it is, I don't know)

Firefox is correctly interpreting the media type returned by the
serves as having a higher priority than the type hint attributes in
the source.

When I tried this page in Firefox 2.0a1 it told me a plugin was
required, went to try and find it, and then said no plugins were
available for application/octet-stream.

  Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
  W3C Graphics Activity Lead
  Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG