[SVGMobile12] event aliasing

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 15:06:18 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org

http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20051207/interact.html#SVGEvents
seems, besides providing a list of events, to introduce a concept of
aliasing events, but it doesn't clearly define how this works. I believe
the clarification said to be made in
http://www.w3.org/mid/6.1.1.1.2.20050118043807.01f18178@mailsj-v1.corp.adobe.com
isn't really done. The questions raised in
http://www.w3.org/mid/41EDB04C.5090606@mit.edu can't seem to be answered
given the current text. Yet these were comments on the first Last Call
document of SVGMobile12...

It's also not clear from the text why DOMFocusIn is not an alias for
focusin in SMIL timing attributes (is that term defined somewhere?), but
load is for SVGLoad...

It also confuses me that the specification talks about "user friendly". I
think for example that there could be arguments for DOMFocusIn to be more
"user friendly" than focusin. Consistency would be one. Not intrudicing
SVG specific "events" would be another.

In any case, it would be good if the next version of the specification
clearly addresses all the flaws pointed out and that adequate responses to
the commenters have been made.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>