RE: Switch and Feature Strings

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:13:24 +0200
To: Doug Schepers <doug@schepers.cc>
Cc: 'Robin Berjon' <robin.berjon@expway.fr>, 'Chris Lilley' <chris@w3.org>, 'www-svg' <www-svg@w3.org>

Quoting Doug Schepers <doug@schepers.cc>:
> I think that it is a very realistic view to allow element-level switching.
> As implementations (for instance, Firefox) grow, they are going to have many
> missing elements. For authors, it is good to allow for fallbacks as we have
> to deal with multiple UAs.

Perhaps some other kind of fallback mechanism should be used? (Thinking
in lines
of fallback as the html:object element has...) However, it is probably
too late
to change things now.

> <g requiredFeatures='...Text' requiredFeatures='...Strokes' />

This is non well-formed XML. You could have a space separated list of
URIs with
the additional requirement that spaces inside the URIs must be
converted to %20
I guess.

--
Anne van Kesteren