Switch and Feature Strings

From: Doug Schepers <doug@schepers.cc>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:20:27 -0400
To: "'www-svg'" <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi, WG-

I tried setting up a 'switch' with 'textPath', since FF1.5b1 does have some
text support, but not 'textPath' (or 'tspan', among others). But it seems
that switch does not support this degree of granularity. Am I misreading the
Spec, or misusing switch? If it isn't addressed in the Spec, perhaps it
should be; not all UAs will have every feature from a module, realistically,
and I'd like to use 'switch' to provide fallbacks. Can I get some
clarification here about whether 'switch' can provide element-level
decisions?

Thanks-
Doug

doug . schepers  @ vectoreal.com