Re: [SVG] assigning to currentScale

Jonathan Watt wrote:
> I don't see how it violates the specification. I haven't seen anything
> to say that implementations "must not throw errors except as described
> in this and other applicable recommendations".

That's because imposing such a constraint on implementations is unreasonable.
For example, I have yet to see a specification that describes throwing out of
memory exceptions, and at the same time implementations that _are_ out of memory
are far better off throwing said exceptions than just silently doing completely
incorrect things.  In my opinion, of course.

DOM 3 Core actually has explicit language to this effect, for example [1]:

   Implementations should raise other exceptions under other circumstances. For
   example, implementations should raise an implementation-dependent exception if
   a null argument is passed when null was not expected.

-Boris

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-DOM-Level-3-Core-20040407/core.html#ID-17189187