Re: Accessibility in SVG

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:24:34 +0200
To: Doug Schepers <doug@schepers.cc>
Cc: 'David Woolley' <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, www-svg@w3.org

Quoting Doug Schepers <doug@schepers.cc>:
> However, I don't feel that the CSS WG has made any efforts at all to make
> CSS generically work with other markup languages than HTML, so the fit with
> SVG is rather poor.

Why do you think so? It works rather well for generic XML languages.
The problem
comes with languages where content and presentation are mixed, like
with MathML
and SVG.

Also, I do not believe the SVG WG contacted the CSS WG in the beginning to
discuss their extensions to CSS. If that would have been the case, some
problems would probably never be part of the specification.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>