Re: SVG12: Charmod norm reference

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:16:00 +0200
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Monday, April 18, 2005, 12:59:14 AM, Bjoern wrote:

BH> Dear Scalable Vector Graphics Working Group,

BH>   From http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/i18n.html

BH> [...]
BH>   SVG generators should follow W3C guidelines
BH>   for normalizing character data [CHARMOD].
BH> [...]

BH> The referenced document does not discuss normalization; it is also
BH> highly misleading to place such "should"s into an informative section.
BH> Please change the draft such that either the note is removed or such
BH> that the correct document is referred to from a normative section of
BH> the document.

Thanks for your comment. We have now changed the document such that
http://www.w3.org/TR/charmod-norm/ is referred to, and ensured this
statement is more clearly a non-normative summary of I18n features and
good practices.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG