can't find the font

From: Aaron <aamehl@actcom.net.il>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 07:39:51 +0300
To: www-svg@w3.org

hi all,

I have a music document in svg format which I created using lilypond. When I load it into any svg aware application I see that the notation is missing=fonts missing.

I am running debian linux so I copied the /usr/share/lilypond/2.7.8/fonts/svg/* ~/.fonts hoping that would help but still nothing comes up.

What do I need to do to get the fonts to appear.
I tried inkscape, mozilla(adobe svg reader), scribus plus others.

Thanks
Aaron