Re: <use> and <title>

Ho Dominik,

On 1 sept. 2005, at 11:12, Steiner, Dominik wrote:

> I wish you all a nice day and I have a problem. Shouldn’t the
> following render a tooltip on the <use>-node? Well, it doesn’t and
> I was wondering how you can do it properly without having to add
> different tooltips to my use elements?
The SVG specification does not document any specific rendering for
the <title> element, but rather invites user agents to make their own
decision as to presenting the information contained in the <title>
element. Here is a snippet from the first paragraph of section 5.4 of
the SVG 1.1 specification:

"When the current SVG document fragment is rendered as SVG on visual
media, 'desc' and 'title' elements are not rendered as part of the
graphics. User agents may, however, for example, display the 'title'
element as a tooltip, as the pointing device moves over particular
elements".

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#DescriptionAndTitleElements

Antoine
--