Re: [svg11] svg out-of-context rendering

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:28:36 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

Quoting Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>:
> If you are using an SVG UA to render that document, I think you should
> get nothing since it's not a Conforming SVG Stand-Alone File[1].  If
> you're using some other XML UA where SVG content is allowed (such as
> XHTML+SVG) then it's not a Conforming SVG Included Document Fragment[2],
> so also isn't good for rendering.

All nice about conforming documents and such. I suspected that. What I was
asking about is what the rendering story is. "should get nothing" and "isn't
good for rendering" are not exactly terms that lead to interoperable "error
handling". Opera has two rendering stories at the moment, depending on which
version you use and Mozilla has another that differs from both.

Kind regards,

Anne van Kesteren

--
Anne van Kesteren