Re: [SVGMobile12] Missing namespace puts document in error

From: <thomas.deweese@kodak.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:52:42 -0400
To: ian@hixie.ch
Cc: Andrew Shellshear <Andrew.Shellshear@cisra.canon.com.au>, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>, www-svg@w3.org, www-svg-request@w3.org

Hi all,

   Just so we are clear on this, it makes it impossible to have a
conforming
SVG UA that is also a validating XML processor.  As discussed elsewhere
if a DTD provides, for example a '#fixed' value for xmlns on 'svg'
elements
a conforming XML parser must expose it to the infoset, if it chooses to
read
the DTD (which a validation requires), the wording below requires it not
make use of such decl (it is not "in the document").

   If this is the case I think that there needs to be wording to this
effect to
make is clear to everyone the real implications of this statement.