Re: SVG12: color orange

On Monday, April 25, 2005, 1:15:51 AM, Bjoern wrote:

BH> * Chris Lilley wrote:
>>No, CSS 2.0 is referenced.

BH> Yes, since http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-SVG2Reqs-20020422/ SVG must
BH> take into account updates to the CSS specifications

The CSS2 Recommendation has not yet been superceeded by a CSS 2.1
Recommendation. Indeed, until recent last call comments tried to get the
CSS WG to clarify their policy, it was not at allclear whether CSS 2.1
added to, or replaced, CSS 2.0.

And then of course there is the issue that parts of the CSS2.0 Rec, used
by SVG, are not in CSS 2.1 but have been removed and may perhaps show up
in a future CSS3.

So in consequence, we are unable to reference a mixture of the CSS 2.1
Working Draft and some CSS3 Working Drafts.

BH> and the Last Call
BH> announcement http://www.w3.org/mid/559793008.20050416012440@w3.org
BH> did not indicate that this requirement has not been met as required

BH> in http://www.w3.org/2004/02/02-transitions.html#lcannounce I assume
BH> that this is an error in the draft,

In this case your assumption would be incorrect.

BH>  just like the reference to RFC
BH> 2396, the XML Base CR, Unicode 4.0.0, RFC 2279, XHTML 1.0 FE, etc.

on those ones, your assumption was correct and the references have been
updated to the current Recommendations or the later RFCs.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG