Re: SVG12: rendering accuracy

On Monday, April 18, 2005, 1:28:36 AM, Jim wrote:

JL> "Bjoern Hoehrmann" <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Dear Scalable Vector Graphics Working Group,
>>
>>  From http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/conform.html
>>
>> [...]
>>  All visual rendering should be accurate to within one device pixel
>>  to the mathematically correct result at the initial 1:1 zoom ratio.
>> [...]
>>
>> This requirement is too much a burden for implementations on high-
>> resolution devices, please change the draft such that this requirement
>> refers to the relative px unit rather than device pixels.

JL> This one seems to have got lost somewhere, as I was told in
JL> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2002Nov/0029.html  that the
JL> decision had already been made to go with the relative PX unit.   It must've
JL> got overlooked somewhere...

Yes, it did get overlooked. The wording about accuracy on initial zoom
level from the message you cite did get added, but the change from
device pixel to px unit was overlooked. Thanks to you both for catching
this, it has now been changed in the spec to "px unit" as previously
promised.

Please let us know within two weeks if this is not satisfactory.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG