Re: SVG12: tBreak sequences

On Thursday, May 19, 2005, 9:49:57 AM, Robin wrote:

RB> Dear Björn,

RB> Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>>   In http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/text.html the
>> tBreak element is defined as "The 'tBreak' element is an empty element
>> that forcibly breaks the current line of text." The draft is unclear
>> what this means for e.g. the sequence <tBreak/><tBreak/>, please change
>> the draft to clearly define processing for such a case.

RB> We clarify that they collapse similar to br as defined by the relevant
RB> specification.

Here is the relevant text. In fact, it does not define the behaviour by
reference to another specification:

  The 'tbreak' element is an empty element that forcibly breaks the
  current line of text. Multiple consecutive tbreak elements have the
  same effect on rendering as a single tbreak.

>> This definition
>> also contradicts section 19.1 which allows tBreak be non-empty. Please
>> change the draft such that it is consistent about this.

RB> No, the RNG states <empty/> but the NVDL allows foreign namespaces in
RB> such instances, as detailed in chapter D.

Please let us know within two weeks if this satisfies your comment.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG