Re: SVG12: when document begins

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:02:06 +0200
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Monday, April 18, 2005, 12:59:17 AM, Bjoern wrote:

BH> Dear Scalable Vector Graphics Working Group,

BH>   From http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/animate.html
BH> section 16.2.2

BH> [...]
BH>   Since an 'svg' is sometimes the root of the XML document tree and
BH>   other times can be a component of a parent XML grammar, the document
BH>   begin for a given SVG document fragment is defined to be the exact
BH>   time at which the 'svg' element's load event is triggered.
BH> [...]

BH> This is inconsistent with the requirements for the timelineBegin
BH> attribute, please change the draft to be consistent with the definition
BH> of the timelineBegin attribute.

You are correct, we have altered this to say

  The document begin for a given SVG document fragment depends on the
  value of the 'timelineBegin' attribute. The document begin for:

    * timelineBegin=onLoad
        The exact time at which the 'svg' element's
        load event event is triggered
    * timelineBegin=onStart
        The exact time at which the 'svg' element's
        open tag is fully parsed and processed

Please let us know within two weeks if this does not satisfy your
comment.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG