Re: SVG12: end-of-line handling

On Monday, April 18, 2005, 12:59:11 AM, Bjoern wrote:

BH> Dear Scalable Vector Graphics Working Group,

BH>   From http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/text.html
BH> section 10.10:

BH> [...]
BH>   Thus, each newline in SVG will be represented by the single character
BH>   #xA, no matter what representation for newlines might have been used
BH>   in the original resource. (See XML end-of-line handling.)
BH> [...]

BH> This is incorrect, end-of-line normalization is only concerned with
BH> literal characters in the source text, it does not normalize character
BH> references. Please change the draft such that it makes no incorrect
BH> statements about end-of-line handling in XML.

Thank you for the correction. We agree that character references are not
normalized, and have corrected the specification by deleting the
sentence

  Thus, each newline in SVG will be represented by the single character
  #xA, no matter what representation for newlines might have been used
  in the original resource.

Please let us know within two week if this does not satisfy your
comment.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG