Re: SVG12: formal vs prose

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:20:08 +0200
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>, www-svg@w3.org

On Saturday, May 21, 2005, 5:31:35 PM, Bjoern wrote:

BH> So you are saying that in the case above prose and schema could not be
BH> in conflict and yet you agree that prose and schema are in conflict. No
BH> sense it makes to me, sorry I am. So still failing to see how the text
BH> under discussion is not redundant with D.3.1 (if appropriate at all), I
BH> stand by my objection.

We have considered your request to remove the third paragraph of D.2
Terminology after "All examples are informative, not normative." on the
grounds of redundancy with D.3.1.

We find that the indicated text contains important information not
conveyed in D.3.1 and that its removal would therefore make the
specification less precise. It would also reduce compliance to the QA
Specification guidelines.

Since the indicated text was added in response to an earlier comment
from another commentor, we consider that removal of the indicated text
would be unwise.

Your earlier objection will stand on record, although we encourage you to
follow up in the next two weeks with further clarification if it was not
your intent to reduce our QA Spec Guideline compliance.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG