Re: [SVGMobile12] Comments: Text

On Thursday, May 19, 2005, 3:02:48 AM, T wrote:

Sorry, my last mail did not include an answer to your last point. It
also did not ask you to let us know if you are not satisfied with the
response.

TR> 10.12.1

TR> "For WYSIWYG editing the following..."

TR> What should happen if current point is moved to an area not visible
TR> (overlapping geometry, text running outside the outer <svg>, etc)?

The logical cursor position in the text (ie, the place in the DOM) will
be tracked, so its possible to "arrow out" of displayed text and "arrow
back in".

We considered various options to make that more user friendly but, as you
noted, without clipping its hard to improve things there.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG