Re: Loading a resource document from script

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:02:30 +0200
To: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Cam,

Cameron McCormack wrote:
> I wonder if there is any merit to a feature that would allow script to
> load a resource document from script.  This would be different from
> using the URLRequest interface in that it's a proper SVG document
> "running in the background", as described in section 17.1.

Sorry for being thick but I'm not sure I understand your use case very
clearly. A side question that might seem unrelated to you but would help
me understand would be: given getURL, postURL, and parseXML (as
currently available in multiple SVG implementations) what would you be
missing to get your use case to work?

--
Robin Berjon
   Senior Research Scientist