Re: Loading a resource document from script

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:02:30 +0200
To: Cameron McCormack <cam-www-svg@aka.mcc.id.au>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

Hi Cam,

Cameron McCormack wrote:
> I wonder if there is any merit to a feature that would allow script to
> load a resource document from script.  This would be different from
> using the URLRequest interface in that it's a proper SVG document
> "running in the background", as described in section 17.1.

Sorry for being thick but I'm not sure I understand your use case very
clearly. A side question that might seem unrelated to you but would help
me understand would be: given getURL, postURL, and parseXML (as
currently available in multiple SVG implementations) what would you be
missing to get your use case to work?

Robin Berjon
   Senior Research Scientist
   Expway, http://expway.com/