Re: [SVGMobile12] prefetch element

On Saturday, April 16, 2005, 4:20:46 AM, Cameron wrote:

CM> In the schema for the prefetch element, the 'mediaSize' and 'bandwidth'
CM> attributes are defined to have the type 'NumberOrPercentage.datatype',
CM> yet in the descriptions of the attributes below, these two attributes
CM> link to the 'number' datatype.

CM> Also, it is not clear what the value of the 'bandwidth' attribute is.
CM> For a percentage, is it a percentage of the total available bandwidth
CM> available to the user agent?  What if this information isn't known to
CM> the user agent?  For a number, is it bytes/second, or some other unit?

Hi Cameron, thanks for your comments.

We agree, the reference to percentages was not correct and has been
removed. For numbers, the units of bandwidth are bytes/second as with
SMIL, and this has been clarified in the spec.

Please let us know if this does not satisfy your comment.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG