Re: SVG1.2: Where is the Accessibility Appendix & keyboard navigation

Chris,

Is it possible that you are referring to a document that is not in
the public domain?

Please can you post a link: Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Full 1.2
Specification
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG12/ has no table of contents or appendices
but links to the previous version:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVG12-20041027/schema.html which does.
But there appendix F does not refer to Accessibility.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessible Solutions
http://www.eas-i.co.uk

On 29 Nov 2005, at 14:34, Chris Lilley wrote:

On Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 12:13:06 PM, Jonathan wrote:

JC> Where is the Accessibility appendix?

Its in Appendix F Accessibility Support, listed in the table of
contents.

JC> What action is being taken to ensure that SVG1.2 specification does
JC> not assume "mouse" skills?

The addition of DOM3 text and keyboard events, notably. I'm going to
suggest that you read the accessibility appendix, and then consider
whether your comments still apply, and let us know.

  Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
  W3C Graphics Activity Lead
  Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG