Re: [SVGMobile12] focus related methods in SVGSVGElement Interface

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:29:31 +0100
To: Andrew Shellshear <Andrew.Shellshear@research.canon.com.au>
Cc: kono.masahiko@canon.co.jp, www-svg@w3.org

Quoting Andrew Shellshear <Andrew.Shellshear@research.canon.com.au>:
>> SVGSVGElement interface has focus related methods(moveFocus(), setFocus()).
>> What happens when a SVG document has nested <svg> element?
>> I think a focus is only one in document, not <svg> fragment.  I think
>> Document Interface should have focus related methods.
>
> We put them on SVGSVGElement and not SVGDocument (or Document)
> because there might not be an SVGDocument.  This can happen when we
> are in a multi-namespace XML application, and SVG is just one
> component of it, such as in CDF scenarios - here, the root element of
> the XML document isn't the svg element, and there is no SVGDocument.

How does SVGDocument depend on the root element of the document? It might very
well be that the document object supports all specialized document objects. So
the document object has both HTMLDocument and SVGDocument implemented. (I
believe this is the case in some UAs, at least.)

Also, this answer does not say if the second question, regarding nested
svg:svg
elements, is addressed.

--
Anne van Kesteren