Re: [SVGMobile12] 5.8.1: interaction of conditional processing and use is unclear

Hello www-svg,

L. David Baron wrote:

> I think it would help if the sentence I originally quoted:
>
> # Similar to the 'display' property, conditional processing attributes
> # only affect the direct rendering of elements and do not prevent
> # elements from being successfully referenced by other elements (such as
> # via a 'use').
>
> were followed by something like:
>
> # However, the conditional processing attributes in the content that
> # must appear to be deep-cloned into the generated tree are processed
> # normally.
>
> (I'm a little unsure of the terminology to use since the whole concept
> of deep cloning is within a "has the same visual effect as if" clause.)

We agree, and have added a similar sentence:

  However, the conditional processing attributes in the shadow tree
  are processed normally.

This avoids the somewhat cumbersome parenthetical clause, by using the
name it is given in the definition of the use element.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG