Re: [SVGMobile12] Comments: Document Structure (partial comments)

Doug Schepers wrote:
> Boris, I think you may be conflating SVG's 'g' behavior with that of a 'div'
> or 'span' (etc.) in HTML.

Right.  I think I have this straight in my head now; thank you for the detailed
  explanation.

> | BZ>    If user agents need to choose among multiple 'desc' or
> | 'title' elements for
> | BZ>    processing (e.g., to decide which string to use for a tooltip)
>
> Boris, just to clarify (or confuse, if I'm wrong about what you're
> thinking), I don't think this is talking about multiple sibling 'title'
> elements

Actually, my complaint was that this wording was making it sound like a UA would
be using a <desc> for a tooltip under some circumstances... ;)

> Which title/desc do you display, the one of the element you're hovering
> over, or that of the group of which that element is a child? There needs to
> be some way of resolving that, and I think that's what the tooltip hint is
> for.

Right.  I don't have a problem with the disambiguation of which <desc> or
<title> to use; it's a very good idea.

-Boris