Re: [SVGMobile12] Comments: Painting

From: Dean Jackson <dino@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 01:42:04 +1100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: T Rowley <tor@cs.brown.edu>

On 20/05/2005, at 2:57 AM, T Rowley wrote:

> 11.14.1
> Specification doesn't state how solid-opacity combines or not with
> fill-opacity/stroke-opacity.
> 11.16.3
> Specification doesn't state how stop-opacity combines or not with
> fill-opacity/stroke-opacity.

Thanks. We've clarified this in the specification.

In brief, the values for opacity are independent. This produces the
of multiplying opacity. For example, the paint produced by solidColor
the value for solid-opacity. That paint is rendered using the values of
fill-opacity or stroke-opacity (depending on the paint operation). The
render of the paint then uses object/group opacity to draw into the