Re: [SVGMobile12] Comments: Painting

From: Dean Jackson <dino@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 01:42:04 +1100
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
To: T Rowley <tor@cs.brown.edu>

On 20/05/2005, at 2:57 AM, T Rowley wrote:

> 11.14.1
>
> Specification doesn't state how solid-opacity combines or not with
> fill-opacity/stroke-opacity.
>
> 11.16.3
>
> Specification doesn't state how stop-opacity combines or not with
> fill-opacity/stroke-opacity.

Thanks. We've clarified this in the specification.

In brief, the values for opacity are independent. This produces the
effect
of multiplying opacity. For example, the paint produced by solidColor
includes
the value for solid-opacity. That paint is rendered using the values of
fill-opacity or stroke-opacity (depending on the paint operation). The
render of the paint then uses object/group opacity to draw into the
canvas.

Dean