Re: SVG12: ev:event vs namespaces

* Robin Berjon wrote:
>Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>> This does not make much sense considering that NMTOKEN is a superset of
>> QName. Please change the schema such that it does not include such re-
>> dundant choices. Further, please change the prose such that it is clear
>> how events are to be referred to; if that involves QNames, this would
>> require to define the resolution algorithm, and if it involves names
>> without prefixes, it would likely require to define the default name-
>> space for such values.
>
>Yes, of course we meant NCName here. This has been fixed in the schema
>and we are adding the prose explaining that the resolution algorithm
>matches that of XSLT QNames, and not that of XML Schema.

This does not satisfy me. Now that ev:listener has been added to SVG
Tiny 1.2, you would also need to say the algorithm for ev:listener's
event attribute. Looking at the draft I also note that it does not
discuss the event name in case of invalid and absent values for the
attribute, and I strongly object to ev:event="x" matching "x" events
in any namespace, it's guranteed that authors will use the simple
unprefixed forms and hence cause a lot of trouble using new and
custom events. Please define the things mentioned above and change
the algorithm to default to the XML Events namespace.