RE: [SVGMobile12] namespace events are not qualified?

Mark,
[As usual!] You are absolutely correct in your analysis. Thanks for
carefully describing this whole process and how events are now promiscuous
(i.e., DOM2Events "click" really means DOM3Events {"*", "click"}). I
suggest that the SVG-t 1.2 spec (and also the SVG-Full 1.2 spec) highlight
this somehow to make sure implementers and developers don't get confused
(as I was).

Also, I think there needs to be some spec changes in section 13.2
[http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/interact.html#SVGEvents]. For example,
the SVG-t 1.2 spec says:

--------------------------------------
    * SVG 1.1 names are all assumed to be in the
"http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events" namespace. This allows SVG 1.1 content
(which did not have a notion of namespaced events) to be upwardly
compatible with SVG 1.2 (which adds a notion of namespaced events).
Therefore, the SVG 1.1 "SVGZoom" event becomes the
{"http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events", "SVGZoom"} event in SVG 1.2.

Based on the promiscuity statements about backwards compatibility with DOM2
Events, I believe the above bullet is wrong. The old "SVGZoom" is really
{"*", "SVGZoom"}.

Jon