Re: SVG12: A.7.15 id attribute

Dear Björn,

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-SVGMobile12-20050413/svgudom.html
> appendix A.7.15 is unclear about the value of the id attribute if an
> element uses both the id and the xml:id attribute on the same element
> (which is not allowed but not covered by error handling rules either)
> and, worse, which of these attributes are affected by setting it. It
> seems that setting it would only affect the xml:id attribute as that
> is recommended for new content, please change the draft to this effect.
> Please change the draft to be clear about the value if both xml:id and
> id are used on the same element.

The notion that having both id and xml:id on a single element was not
allowed was an editorial oversight as we had already resolved that it was.

Concerning the behaviour of having both attributes with different
values, notably concerning the way they impact the id field on
SVGElement the behaviour has now been specified with the required
precision, with additional details regarding other DOM interactions.
Setting the id field updates both attributes so that they can be kept in
sync.

Thank you for your comments,

--
Robin Berjon