Re: SVG12: shorthand presentation attributes

* Robin Berjon wrote:
>>   In http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVG12-20041027/ it does not seem to be
>> defined how shorthand properties are to be processed with respect to its
>> longhands when used as presentation attributes. It is thus unclear what
>> e.g.
>>
>>   <text font="12px sans-serif" font-family="serif" ...>...</text>
>>
>> might yield in. Please change the specification such that this yields in
>> well-defined behavior, e.g. by adding that shorthand properties are con-
>> ceptually inserted after their longhands into the author style sheet.
>
>None of the shorthand properties are allowed as attributes, they can
>only occur in a style sheet.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-SVG11-20030114/styling.html states:

[...]
  For each styling property defined in this specification (see Property
  Index), there is a corresponding XML attribute (the presentation
  attribute) with the same name that is available on all relevant SVG
  elements.
[...]

Changing that in SVG 1.2 to what you suggest might be a reasonable
solution though, I am looking forward to an official proposal.