Re: SVG12: shorthand presentation attributes

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> e.g. by adding that shorthand properties are con-
> ceptually inserted after their longhands into the author style sheet.

I'm not sure that's a distinction that can be uniformly drawn, actually....
certainly not within CSS.  Consider, as a basic example, the border,
border-style, and border-color shorthands, which expand to overlapping sets of
longhands.

Also consider that some things which are currently longhands in CSS2/2.1 are
effectively shorthands in CSS3 (they expand to a set of finer-grained properties).

So I'm not sure that there is anything useful that can be said here other than
it being implementation-dependent... (and not necessarily consistent within a
given implementation).

-Boris