Re: [sXBL] Various issues in the sXBL draft -- section 2

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:55:58 -0600
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: www-svg@w3.org

Ian Hickson wrote:
> "When an error is detected in a bindings subtree" should probably just say
> "When the document is in error" or some such.

Again, there is the question of when that is, since per SVG "The document shall
be rendered up to, but not including, the first element which has an error."
How does one define this unambiguously when multiple documents interact like
they do in sXBL?

> Nesting (even indirectly) is intended to be disallowed.

OK.

> It can be either. See section 3 for the processing model.

Might be worth linking to here.

> It's any MIME type defined as containing XML content. (Maybe we could link
> to RFC3023, currently it's whatever the UA considers XML, I guess.)

Yes, that's sort of what I was expecting you would want to do.

> Not sure what that paragraph (in the spec) is supposed to be saying. Will
> investigate.

Thanks.

-Boris